Bo, Re: Me

I am not your carpet ride... I am the sky...

Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Death by chocolate...

We always have a huge supply of chocolate here in the office. Larry brings in five to ten huge bags or boxes every few weeks, and takes some to the customer every few days. M&M, Mars, Snickers, Dove, Hershey Nuggets, Hershey Kisses, you name it- all the mini's. We try never to open these bags, as once open, we find ourselves eating chocolate. Bad!

Larry likes to torture me by spelling out words in bite sized chocolate pieces on my desk for when I arrive in the morning, or by dropping off chocolate bites on the way back to his office from the breakroom....and occasionally, ....allright several times a week, I eat a bite. But it could be worse. I am only eating a bite-sized snickers, it's not like I'm eating an entire candy bar!

Last week, for some reason Larry decided to buy an entire variety case of full-sized candy bars. Milky Way Dark, Snickers, Snickers Crunchers, Twix, Three Musketeers, arrr! Larry! How could you?! Actually, I've had no trouble staying out of them, as I don't eat whole candy bars under normal circumstances - let alone while I sit at work, but I've been watching Larry, and he's had trouble staying away. We were talking about this very weakness at lunch today and Larry told me he was avoiding the chocolate bin this week, as his trousers have begun to get tight.

Three hours later....

I was feeling like a bite of chocolate and went to the bin to find there were no bite sized - only full-sized bars. I decided on a Twix, which could be easily split with Larry, as it comes packaged as two bars. Twas a perfect opportunity to pay him back for all the chocolate hell he's put me through.

He was listening in on speaker phone to a conference call with our biggest customer and so was defenseless as I dropped the 1/2 Twix on his desk and walked away.

As he turned around and saw the irresistable chocolate on his desk he shouted after me as I left the office, "I HATE YOU!"


The customer on the phone said "what?"

and in a moment of confusion, he yelled it again, but louder, " I H A T E Y O U !!!!!!!"

The customer on the phone said, "EXCUSE ME?!"

and Larry meekly said, "my mistake"...before turning OFF the microphone and going into shock.

I thought I was going to pee my pants from laughing so hard.

And now, he really does hate me.

That'll teach him to torture me with chocolate!

Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home