Bo, Re: Me

I am not your carpet ride... I am the sky...

Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Saturday, July 05, 2003

Got new pants and still had to walk during the last mile of my run on Friday. It is just HOT and HUMID and for whatever reason, I am not acclimating well this year.

The heat index was to reach 110 yesterday and I almost backed out of a biking trip we had planned with Lyn, X, Chris and Emily. I decided to go thanks to Lyn telling me we could turn back at any point if I got overheated and go have a few beers and wait for the boys - but I was fine. It was hot, but nothing like when I am running. I guess it's the breeze you create when you ride that helps make you feel cooler.

Anyway - had a great time. We rode along the river in Alton, about 18 miles round trip. Even though it runs along a pretty major road, there are gorgeous rock cliffs and boulders to look at - and of course, the river itself.

We got back to Alton about six o'clock and had a few beers...then all went home to shower and change and head to the Espinosa's place. We had pizza, frozen margaritas, chocolate chip cookies and sparklers in celebration of the 4th. We played a late night game of Trivial Pursuit, but everyone was too tired to finish.

It was a very nice day.

Today - might head down to the fair with Lyn since Aj will be volunteering all afternoon. Really need to get some work done for a garage sale we have committed to having in a week! Long weekends always go by too fast.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home