Bo, Re: Me

I am not your carpet ride... I am the sky...

Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Gidday!

Today's run was a good one. Out the door by 6:15, ran three in 31:30 with two walk-breaks, then walked about 3/4 mile for a super-long cool down. The temperature and humidity were great- so no real problems feeling overheated. I was kinda surpised how slow my time was.

Weight before: 140.5
Weight after: 139

About yesterday/stalker/running partner...

There was a big maroon GMC suburban cruising the neighborhood throughout my run. The guy driving was very creepy looking - creepy enough that I made note of his plates the first time he passed me. He kept rolling slowly up and down the street - would turn around and come back when he reached the end. He'd made about three passes by the time a girl waved me over. She was out in her driveway in running gear, talking on a cordless phone. She was describing the truck and the creepy guy to the police - and of course I blanked out on the tag numbers once I was pressured to remember them.

She asked if I'd noticed him following her, and I told her that I thought he was stalking me. I'd not even seen her until I saw her waving from the drive. She told me that she'd hidden behind a neighbor's house for several minutes to avoid being seen entering her own house. Anyway - she finished with the cops, told me to be careful, and went inside.

I have been "looking" for a running partner for a while now. I see people running in the neighborhood or at the park, and have thought about asking certain people if they're interested, but have always decided not to for one reason or another. I decided to ask my fellow stalkee though, because she was out running at the same time, seems to be at about the same fitness level, and was really concerned about safety, which is great.

So - I dropped a note in her mailbox when I left for work yesterday telling her that I'd been looking for a running partner, and about what time, how fast, how far, I run. I told her to call me or e-mail me if she was interested. I did not hear back from her last night but saw her in the driveway when I ran by this morning. She was in blues, so must be active duty. She said she'd gotten my note and was definitely interested, and had just e-mailed me. She said she had to be at work early today or would have met me to run. Yey!

I checked my e-mail before I left for work and had not received anything (still have not) so she must have sent it to a wrong address. So...I dropped another note in her mailbox asking her to verify the address and resend.

'n dats dat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home