Bo, Re: Me

I am not your carpet ride... I am the sky...

Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Thursday, August 07, 2003

Goo-Snikeroo

Okay - today's goo of choice was the PowerGel brand in Strawberry Banana. Interesting. A little thicker, and more of a pudding meets cheap cheesecake texture. I had to chew it, basically, is what it comes down to. I don't see how marathoners or triatheletes could possibly do goo during an event.

My run was very much the same as yesterday's. Three in 30:33 with two one-minute walk breaks. I ran a fourth mile to see how long my extra energy would last, and I did bonk about half way through that mile, so took a 30 second walk break. I finished that mile in about 11 minutes - but I was allowing myself to really run slow and cool down some.

I was really surprised about my after weight: ...

Weight before: 139.5
Weight after: 139

...because I ran an extra mile and was drenched when I was done. I really felt like I had lost about two pounds in water. Perhapes I hallucinated my before weight. Could be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home