Bo, Re: Me

I am not your carpet ride... I am the sky...

Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Wednesday, August 13, 2003

Last night was strangely eventful.

First: When I went to shut down my PC, I got an error messsage stating:

SHARING! There are currently one users connected to your computer. Shutting down your computer now will terminate this connection. Do you wish to proceed?

Uhh...let me think about it....HELL YES! Who the hell is connected to my computer and what in the hell are they doing? Arghghgh. Those who know me KNOW how very tired I am of the technological brick walls I seem to hit constantly.

Second: Aj was already in bed asleep, and I was checking the front door lock before going up to join him. I was noticing how bright the moon was, and saw what I thought was a star, bright red, below the moon and to the left. I realized it was probably Mars, because this month the red planet is closer to earth than it has been for 60,000 years, and won't be this close again until the year 2287. I stepped outside to get a closer look and was "gazing in wide wonder" and sort of talking to God, saying, "wow, it's really, really amazing...but I guess in actuality it's no more amazing than any other star...Mars is just giving me a reason to stop and appreciate how unfathomable your creation is....". About then I looked up, way up, tilting my head back until I was looking at stars directly overhead, and I kid you not, a shooting star blazed across the sky. It was like God was saying, "you ain't seen nothin' yet kid". I never would have seen that shooting star if I'd not thought to pull my gaze away from Mars to look at "normal" stars that are visible nightly. I guess it was like a message to not miss the forest for the trees, in a way. Hmmm....or a bad Hallmark commercial, one of the two.

Third: Around 12:15 AM, Aj and I both awoke in a panic to the eeriest squeeling sound that seemed to be getting louder and closer by the second. Just when I thought we were being invaded by aliens, the noise stopped. We ran to the window and spied a repo man with a black car hooked to his tow truck. I guess, maybe by mistake, but perhaps out of neccessity, he'd hooked the car to the tow truck headed the wrong way, and so rather than the wheels rolling, they were being dragged along the ground in a locked position, hence the "eeeeeeeeieieieiieiiieiieiiieeeeaeaeaeeaeaeeeieieiieiieieeichchhhhhcchchchc" sound that woke us up. He detached the car and hooked up the other end and took off into the night. Thankfully I went right back to sleep.

It was tough to drag myself out of bed this morning to go running, but I did it. I ran 3 goo-free in 31:01. I did notice a slight bonk, but it was a good run overall. Beautiful morning. Weight before 141 - Weight after 140.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home