Bo, Re: Me

I am not your carpet ride... I am the sky...

Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Break on through to the other side...

My flight to Albuquerque was really good - but I was almost arrested in the airport! You have to pass through a large revolving door to get from the secure / gate side to the side where your family and friends are waiting to greet you. Well, I saw Lyn through the glass and thought I'd be really cute and get the revolving door going really fast and do a few rotations before shooting out to greet her. So I DID get it going really fast, but about the time I am headed into rotation #2 - SLAM! The door comes to a stop and I BAM! into the glass.

I think this is hilarious so I am laughing my head off when the cops stop me and tell me if I'd made it back through to the secure side, even though I'd just come from there, the whole airport woulda shut down, planes would not be allowed to take off or land, and basically that Armageddon would commence. He very seriously told me I could be arrested for even the attempt. I apologized a zillion times and he let me go. Whooopth! Thorry offither!!!!

Lyn and I went to the coolest Brazilian resto for dinner - I think it was called Pasada? The center of the place featured a huge buffet-style bar of olives, cheeses, fresh vegetables, pestos - etc. You help yourself to all you want of that while the staff walk around with various cuts of chicken, beef, pork tenderloin, sausages, etc - and they cut you off a small portion of whatever you want. It's all you care to eat - so they give you a red and green indicator for your table - green means 'keep bringing meat', red means, 'no thanks, we are on break - or done'. It was kinda pricey - $29 per person for dinner plus wine - but such a cool concept and terrific food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home